Rental Agreement & Policies
1. Check-In– Check-in time is 4:00p.m CENTRAL. There will be absolutely no early check ins for any reason. No parking at the home or arriving early at the home is permitted. If you arrive at the home before the scheduled check in time for any reason your 4pm check in will be pushed to 6pm, NO EXCEPTIONS. During peak season, unavoidable delays may occur and there is a possibility your vacation rental may not be ready by 5:00 pm (CST). Your patience will be appreciated.
2. Check-Out -Check-out time is by 9:00 a.m. (CST) firm, so we may prepare for our next arrival. We are unable to offer early check-in so please plan on checking in at the scheduled 4:00p.m. CST time. Any one checking out after 9:00 a.m. CST will be charged for FULL extra day.
3. No Pets– Dogs are only allowed in specific properties, please inquire. If any evidence of a pet(s) is found in a non-dog friendly property or on the premises, you will be asked to vacate immediately and forfeit all rental payments. Any evidence of a pet in your rental property or on the premises may also result in additional charges. If you are staying in one of the homes that are pet friendly and have paid the Pet Deposit we ask that all animals be kept OFF any furniture, or bedding. All animal waste must be bagged and discarded. If any animal waste is found in or on the property upon checkout a $100 cleanup fee will immediately be deducted from the Damage Deposit paid.
4. Family Rental ONLY! – We are very serious about maintaining a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of all guests. We will rent to family groups, married couples and responsible adults over the age of 25 (proof of age is required). The total number of persons allowed in the unit at any time is restricted to the stated limit for each property. Absolutely no house parties allowed. This includes weddings, wedding parties and receptions. During spring break season, we require one parent for every two persons under the age of 25. A PARENT MUST BE STAYING IN THE UNIT AT ALL TIMES. Any violators will be evicted. Eviction without refund is the penalty. In some instances we do make exceptions for student rentals, this is case by case scenario STUDENTS PLEASE INQUIRE.
5. Falsified Reservation – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of reservation deposit and/or balance of rental payment. Guest will not be permitted to check-in. Note: Units may not be sublet by guest.
6. Reservation Deposit – Payment for reservation must be paid in FULL no later than 40 days prior to your scheduled check in date. Failure to do so will result in a $75 late fee and/or loss of all funds sent and cancelled reservation.
7. Refunds – No refunds will be given for late arrivals or early departures.
8. Travel Protection Insurance – As a company we do not offer Travelers Insurance however it is strongly recommended. You can find info on different policies from multiple companies including CSA or Homeaway.com or speak to your own travel agent for more info.
9. Cancellations – A 60 notice is required for cancellation and 25% of the weekly rental rate will be forfeited as a cancellation charge. Cancellations made within 60 days of the check in date will result in the forfeit of any and all rental and tax money sent. The validity of the cancellation is at the owner’s discretion. Cancellations or an early departure due to inclement weather does not warrant a refund of any money sent. If there is a loss of power due to weather/city/county Crystal Beach Rentals is in no way liable. If you do not choose to purchase travel protection or insurance there will be no refunds.
10. Hurricane Policy – Should a hurricane or tropical storm threaten our area we will receive evacuation instructions from the National Hurricane Center and our local governing officials. If the “Mandatory Evacuation” order is given, refunds will only be given from your travel insurance company if you have purchased coverage. CBR will not issue refund of any rent payments.
11. Damages – Guests assume full financial responsibility for damages due to misuse or negligence and missing items. Prior to check-out, please report any damages that occurred during your stay. Any charges will be discussed with you before being deducted from your damage deposit total. If a security deposit was not collected with your payment you will be billed upon check out for any damages and agree to pay damages within 7 days of received invoice. As a courtesy and so that we can continue to maintain each home in excellent condition, if during your stay you find other items requiring repair, we request that this information be reported CBR as soon as possible.
12. Non-smoking Units– All of our properties at CBR are non-smoking and smoking is strictly prohibited inside all rental units. Any evidence of smoking in the property or cigar/cigarette butts left in or on the property will result in FULL LOSS of damage deposit. If further damage is found due to smoking such as burn marks or ash stains renter will be billed for damages as agrees to pay full cost for repair.
13. Minimum Stay– One week minimum stays will apply for all properties with a Saturday arrival and Saturday departure. If you require a shorter stay, please ask for availability and rate.
14. Housekeeping – A housekeeping service fee is added to your total to be completed upon departure only. You are responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check- out. Linens and bath towels are included and not to be taken from the unit. We suggest you bring beach towels and beach blankets. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An initial set-up of trash liners and bathroom paper is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest.
15. Items Left in Unit – CBR is not responsible for personal items left in a unit. If items are found and you wish them returned, there will be a $25 service charge plus shipping costs.
16. Cable & Internet Service – Our properties have cable & internet access. We do not, however, guarantee internet connectivity due to service being provided by an outside vendor, restrictions from personal computers, or other factors may lead to interruption of internet service. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot over the phone, but if further assistance is needed the guest will be responsible for contacting the internet provider in the event of an outage. No refunds will be given due to the loss of internet service.
17. Utilities – No compensation will be given for temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, cable, telephone service, heated pools or internet
service outages will be reported immediately and all efforts will be made to have them restored as soon as possible. CBR is in no way responsible for ANY outages from outside vendors but will act quickly in attempting to resolve the issue. No refunds will be given.
18. Maintenance Problems – Maintenance Problems During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to CBR. Please do not leave doors or windows open while the A/C or heaters are operating. If a unit fails due to doors or windows being left open, the guest will be responsible for cost of repair. CBR staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, pool heaters etc.
19. Construction– CBR is unable to control or predict any projects or construction that may be going on in the area at the time of your stay and
therefore cannot be responsible for any inconvenience this may cause. No refunds can be given in the event of nearby construction.
20. Good Neighbor Policy – Please be sure to observe all rules and regulations, which are provided for each property. All guests, as well as
owners, are required to conform to all rules and regulations of the properties. Violators are subject to eviction.
21. Pool Policy – The pool is to be used by registered guests only. A fee is required to heat the private pool. Tampering with or adjusting the pool
heater is strictly forbidden. If the pool is not heated to adequate temperature please contact CBR. If pool heater is found to be adjusted or tampered with immediate loss of ALL damage deposit with incur.
22. Golf Cart– Golf carts are rented through a separate vendor NOT Crystal Beach Rentals. If you wish to have a golf cart during your stay it must be paid for with the initial deposit to allow CBR to make arrangements to guarantee your cart is secured. Additional Information is required. PLEASE INQUIRE.
23. Check out Instructions– Each home has specific instructions for your departure. Following these instructions is vital to allowing CBR to have the property ready for incoming renters. Failure to do so will result in loss of damage deposit reflective of what was missed and/or damaged.
24. Damage Deposit– A damage deposit of $400.00- $1,000.00 is required. The damage deposit covers unintentional damages to the rental unit that occur during your stay. The damage deposit is paid at the time of booking and will be refunded after you check out providing the property is left in the order it was found. If expenses are incurred to repair damages, replace missing items, pay for extra cleaning or any other violation or the rental agreement Crystal Beach Rentals reserves the right to apply the damage deposit to these expenses. If there have been no other violations of the rental agreement, then the damage deposit will be mailed back 4-6 days after check-out. If damages exceed the collected deposit or Damage Protection Plan it will be billed to the tenant on file and must be paid within 14 days of check out.
25. Villas of Frangista Homeowners Association – Any property located within the Villas of Frangista (22 Mobile St, 302 Miami St) must adhere to the following rules as defined by the Homeowners Association. Any violation will result in a fine being charged by the association, and you are 100% responsible for covering this fine.
A) No “nuisances” shall be permitted to exist on the property that is detrimental to any other parcel in the vicinity or it’s occupants.
B) Parking only allowed in the driveway. No boats or recreational vehicles may be stored at the property.
C) No motorcycles allowed in the HOA (without written approval from HOA beforehand).
D) Pets must be leashed at all times, and all waste must be immediately disposed of. The HOA reserves the right to demand the pet to be immediately removed if any disturbance is caused.
E) No clothes or towels are allowed to be hung anywhere that’s visible from the street.
F) When using common areas within the HOA, all waste must be properly discarded. No diapers or soiled garments are to be left in a common area within the HOA, even if there is a trash can.
STUDENT RENTAL GROUP AGREEMENT AND BYLAWS
Under certain instances, we do allow student groups to rent our homes. When doing so we ask that they adhere to all rules stated in the previous rental agreement as well as this list of rules. Failure to adhere to any of the stated bylaws will result in loss of FULL damage deposit and/or immediate eviction from the property.
- This is a family-oriented neighborhood we ask that music and noise is kept to a minimum especially after dark. Any noise complaint from neighbors or other renters will be noted and addressed immediately.
- Smoking on or in the property is STRICTLY prohibited. If the property is found to have been smoked on or in there will be a complete loss of damage deposit. Cigarettes buttes on the property will result in the same.
- Underage drinking is prohibited.
- At any time during your stay the property manager or owner may stop by for any number of reasons and must be able to get into the home.
- A mid-week check will take place to ensure that damages have not incurred. If the home is found to be in unsatisfactory condition due to neglect (excessive damages or excessive uncleanliness) the group will be asked to vacate property permanently. No refunds will be given.
- Parties of any sort are forbidden.
- Please do not throw anything from the balcony and keep outside of home cleaned at all times.
- Hanging from balconies or other parts of the home are forbidden. All towels and linens are to be used in the home only, not to be brought to the beach.
- If A/C unit is running all doors and windows must be kept closed.
- Only registered guests are permitted in or on property. At any point during your stay if there are more people or unregistered guests on the property your stay will be terminated and loss of ALL funds will incur. Renters are responsible for any damages that exceed the amount of damage deposit collected at the time of reservation and will be billed upon check out if needed.
I have read and agree to the above terms in the student rental group agreement as well as original rental agreement provided. I understand that any violation can and will result in immediate eviction and loss of ALL funds.
Thank you for choosing Crystal Beach Rentals for your Emerald Coast Vacation!